At Exotic Woods Inc. becoming accessible means developing a plan on how we will provide service to customers with disabilities.
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Exotic Woods Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. There is no charge to the support person, as we do not have an admissions fee.
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, we will post the disruption on our exterior doors with effective dates.
Exotic woods Inc. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at 5229 Harvester Rd. West Entrance and on our web site at www.exotic-woods.com
Training for staff
Exotic Woods Inc. will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Customer Service Representative, Sales Clerks, and Retail Store Managers.
This training will be provided to staff, immediately during their employee orientation after hiring.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standards plan at Exotic Woods Inc.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Exotic Woods Inc. goods and services organization.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Exotic Woods Inc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can verbally advise a Sales Representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All feedback will be directed to Tara Savage, Human Resources Assistant.
- Customers can expect to hear back in 2 business days.
- Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Exotic Woods Inc. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.